If you have created multiple user accounts on your computer, ensure other users are not logged in. If there are multiple users logged in simultaneously, system resources must be shared among them.
Run the Disk Cleanup program to delete unwanted files(including temporary files, installed components and programs that you no longer use, and files in the Recycle Bin) from your hard disk drive.
- Click the Windows Start Button, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click Disk Cleanup
- Select the drive on which you want to perform the cleanup.
- Place a checkmark in the checkbox next to the file types you want to delete.
- Click OK, and the click YES to permanently delete the files.
Run the Disk Defragmenter program to group fragmented files together on your hard disk drive to improve performance. This does not affect the location of files and folders on your computer.
Note: The Disk Defragmenter program may take a long time to complete. It is a good idea to run it overnight.
- Save your work and close all other programs.
- Press the Ctrl-Alt-Delete simultaneously.
- Click Start Task Manager.
- On the applications tab, select a;; the programs that are listed, and then click End Task.
- Click the Windows Start Button, choose All Programs, Accessories, and System Tools, and then click Disk Defragmenter.
- Click Defragment now.
Remove unused programs:
- Click the Windows Start Button, and then Control Panel
- Click Uninstall a program. The programs and Features window opens.
- Select the program you want to remove and click Uninstall.
- Follow the onscreen instructions
Check for Hard Disk Errors: Click Here