To make sure your Antivirus Solution installs correctly, follow these easy steps. This way you can easily preempt any errors with installation and ensure you get the best possible performance from your new Antivirus solution.
Computer should meet minimum system requirements
- Most antivirus require below system requirements;
- Windows XP (SP2 and newer), Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
- Processor: Intel Pentium 1.5 GHz or faster
- Memory: 512 MB of RAM (Windows XP) / 1024 MB of RAM (Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8)
- Hard disk free space (for installation): 1500MB
Make sure Windows operating system up to date
You can check this by visiting the Microsoft Windows Update page. It is best to open the link in Internet Explorer. If new updates are available, it is recommended to install them prior to installing Antivirus solution.
Remove any other security software
If you are running some other anti-virus or security software such as a firewall, anti-spyware or anti-malware application, make sure to uninstall it before installing new Antivirus solution. Using more than one security software can cause problems with the installation and is likely to slow down your computer.
Log into Windows as an Administrator
Installation of Antivirus solution requires full access to the system. Make sure you go to User Accounts of your Windows Control Panel & switch to an account that has Administrator access.