There are several reasons for Blue screen errors
- Incompatible drivers
- Hardware issues
- Hardware related software
- Infections – Rootkits, Trojans, Blended threats etc
Standard software shouldn’t be able to cause blue screens — if an application crashes, it will do so without taking the operating system out with it. Blue screen occurs when windows encounter “STOP ERROR”. The critical error causes computer to stop working and restarts. Window create minidump automatically when blue screen occurs and stored in “SystemRoot”. I,e stored in C:\Windows
Step to fix
- If infected then scan for infections using good antivirus products like Kaspersky, Norton, AVG etc
- Incorrectly installed drivers then update the drivers. If the updated driver is causing it, then reinstall the old drivers.
- If caused by hardware then replace the faulty hardware. Ex: RAM
- If none works then re-installation of windows would be the silver bullet for all problems.
- Most of these steps have to be performed in Safe mode.
- To boot into safe mode, restart the computer, keep pressing F5, will get a option to boot into safe mode.