Author : Xtend Category : Performance, Security
Tags : Speed
We come across over a time period that computer is not running fast as it used to be. There are several reasons associated with it. We can perform the following to improve the overall performance.
- Run Disk Clean up once a week to remove unnecessary files. From command prompt C:\>cleanmgr.exe
- If you feel browser is slow, check for installed toolbars. Uninstall the unwanted toolbars
- Run Disk defragmenter to defrag the hard drive once a month. From Command prompt C:\>dfrgui.exe (Solid Sate Drive does not need defragmentation)
- Uninstall softwares/addware/rouge programs installed without your knowledge from add/remove programs
- It is good the scan the computer when it is idle. Computer slowness will be observed if multiple tasks are performed while computer is being scanned.
- Good to have sufficient memory. 4Gb of RAM would be recommended in Antivirus is loaded on Windows operating System
- Latest version of DirectX is recommended to improve the gaming experience.
- Keep Windows Up-To-date
- Disable unwanted programs that auto runs at startup. From command prompt C:\>MSconfig.exe
- We feel browsing is very slow when many/unwanted toolbars are installed. Uninstalling from add/remove programs improves the browsing experience.
- Still if you feel computer is slow, perform a full system scan with latest virus definitions.