By mapping a network drive, you can attach a local drive installed on your computer with a shared storage area to a different computer over a network. This enables you to share information from remotely across systems.
Steps to map network drive
1. Click ‘Start’, and then click ‘My Documents’.
2. Click the ‘Tools’ menu, and then click ‘Map Network Drive’.
3. In the ‘Map Network Drive’ dialog box, click ‘Browse’.
4. In the ‘Browse For Folder’ dialog box, click the folder you want to connect to, and then click ‘OK’.
5. In the ‘Map Network Drive’ dialog box, make a note of the drive letter shown, and then click ‘Finish’.
6. If prompted, type your user name and password, and then click ‘OK’.
Note: If the network computer or folder is not available or is showing offline on your system, you will not be able to map the network drive.