When you start computer, your Windows 7 should ask for a password. If not, you need to create a password, as not having a password is a big security concern. Without a password, anyone in your home or office has full and unrestricted access to everything on the computer.
Follow below steps to create Logon Password:
- Click on Start and then Control Panel.
- Click on the User Accounts and Family Safety link.
Note: If you’re viewing the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel, you won’t see this link. Simply click on the User Accounts icon and proceed to Step 4.
- Click on the User Accounts link.
- In the Make changes to your user account area of the User Accounts window, click the Create a password for your account link.
- In the first two text boxes, enter the password you would like to start using.
- Entering the password twice helps to make sure that you typed your new password correctly.
- In the final text box, you’re asked to Type a password hint.
- This step is optional but I highly recommend that you use it. If you try logging in to Windows 7 but enter the wrong password, this hint will pop up, hopefully help you remember your password
- Click the Create password button to confirm your new password.
- Now that your Windows 7 account has a password setup, you must use this password to log on to Windows 7 from this point forward.