Computer will not turn on or start
- Ensure that cables connecting to the computer to the external source are plugged in properly.
- When the cables connecting the computer to the external power source are plugged in properly , and the wall outlet functioning , the green power supply light on the back of the computer should be on ; If it is not, refer to the limited Warranty and Support guide to contact support.
- If the display (monitor) is blank , the monitor may not be properly connected. Connect the monitor to the computer , plug it in, and turn it on.
- Test the wall outlet by connecting a different electrical device to it.
- Incompatible memory (RAM) may have been installed. Reinstall the old memory to return your computer to original state.
- Reseat the hard disk drive data and power cables.
Error message: Invalid system disk or Non-System disk or disk error
- When drive activity stops, remove the disk and press the spacebar on the keyboard. The computer should start up.
Computer does not turn off when the ON button is pressed
- Press and hold the On button until the computer turns off
Computer shuts down automatically
- The computer may be in an exceeding hot enviornment. Let it cool down.
- Ensure computer air vents are not blocked and internal fan is running. Note that you computer may not have an internal fan.
Computer displays the wrong date and time
- The real time clock (RTC) battery may need to be replaced. Batter life is approximately 6-7 years.
- Before replacing the battery , try resetting the date and time in your operating system by using the control panel. If the problem persists, replace the battery .